Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Broadwater Days 5-8

Me & Lucette- Paul Bunyan's Sweetheart
Anyone know why her skirt's so weirdly shaped?
Swimming through the weeds to get from the AquaJump to the shore!! Blech!
On the boat with Granny
Slumber Party night!!!!!!!

Day 5, Wednesday, August 27:
-We look for the medallion in the morning- the clue is 'I live in a circle.' We look with G-Pop in ALL of the little rock circles, Garden circles, EVERY CIRCLE! Grandpa even dug through the plants!! And we didn't find anything!!
-We went to Seclusion (one of the cabins a little ways away then the rest--we get to stay there next year!!)
-Uncle Howard comes back from town with bows and arrows for our Indian playing!!
-The Stetzlers (very old family friends) come and immediately go fishing.
-They come back and we have news that Mr.Munson/Daddy/Uncle Reed has caught a 23 inch Northern but got the hook stuck in his his finger!!! Mama had to take him to the clinic in town where he had it removed.
-We sat around, ate laffy taffy, and read some very old Mickey Mouse comic books.
-After this, a (seemingly) peaceful afternoon turned into a horror movie as we (Mathias, Sese, Izzy, Miranda, Sophie and me) were chased ALL OVER CREATION by the bully and his brother! They were beating up Mathias (at least they THOUGHT they were-what can five and four year olds do to a kid who's two heads taller than them?) at the main lodge, but Sese went and got Mama and she told them to leave us alone. Thankfully, that was the end of them!!!!
-Nothing else really happened...
Day 6, Thursday, August 28:
-We go to the lodge first thing (Georgie, Sese, Izzy, Miranda and me), but this other girl and her sister came at the same time. The guy put out the clue, it was: "I can see Northern Lights."
That's the name of one of the cabins. I had to think a moment to remember that, but the other girl LIVED at Northern Lights, so she was running there before I was. It was like a race!! I was three feet behind her! But she got there first. It was in a hosta plant in a circle (clue #3- I live in a circle) under a pole (clue #2- Am like a tree) that had a birdhouse on it (clue #1-Hanger is somewhat like I am). And Gpop had looked through all the circles!! Dug through all the plants! (He and Mathias are convinced that the guy who owns the place must hide it the third night, but I don't think we should expect it-even though it's probable.)
-Dance practice and go to town!! We ate at the Sweets Cafe in Hackensack, played at the huge playground in the city park, got laundry done, and got souvies.
Day 7, Friday, August 29:
-Pretty regular day...
-SLUMBER PARTY NIGHT!!! We ate Root beer barrels, Lemon Drops, Licorice, Pink mints and lots of popcorn AS WE HAD Sody-pop and watched the movies. The shorts were two Little Rascals (Divot Diggers and Spanky) and the feature presentation was Abbot & Costello's Jack and the Beanstalk!! It's so funny!! Well after it was done and we were tucked in, we only told two stories and then were to tired to go on!
Day 8, Saturday, August 30:
-Daddy made pancakes for breakfast
-We had the Munson Family Circus!! Stay tuned for more, at the moment I'm not at liberty to tell all of the acts.
-We get packed-this process always takes a long time!!
-Everyone comes into town for lunch again at the Sweets Cafe!
-We have the big farewell (but also see-you-in-two-weeks...I'll explain later.) at the big city park!

We got home at about 7pm. The cats were so glad to see us! The see-you-in-two-weeks business was because my Aunt Liz came up from California for a business conference! She arrived last night, and on Sunday we're having another family gathering at Aunt Em's house. Posts about that will come soon! Next post: Iowa Feis!!!!

1 comment:

Feisworx said...

Cool, I love hearing your stories its a neat idea that you put what you were going to blog about next! Our computer isn't working so we have to use the librarys! That sounds so like you guys! I wish I was there! We are having our kitchen redone our countertops! Granite! It's pretty I'll probably blog about it! We have a feis coming up hope to find a dress soon! The feis is in October! I'm even thinking about having a preview about the feis! We got my new wig the Katie K. Its very pretty ! Its to dark my mom ordered it and its my moms hair color!Yikes! Close to mine but we are dying it that color the wig color is pretty close we are just putting highlights! Lizzie says hi and thank you for the letter. She will write back latter soon! Love the solo dresses! I'll try to do the snails pace race I'll write you too! And I'll try to write Sese too! I'll try to get our computer working again! I want to blog so bad! This comment is more like a email.~Sarah