Monday, June 8, 2009

Madison feis Results:

We had a great Madison Feis this last Saturday!
1st Hornpipe
2nd Slip Jig
2nd Reel
2nd Jig

Selena:
1st Hornpipe
1st Treble Jig
1st Slip Jig

Izzy:
2nd Hornpipe
3rd Jig
5th Reel

Miranda:
2nd Hornpipe
2nd Reel
3rd Jig

Izzy and Meema were dancing in the same group for Hornpipe, and they tied in 2nd! Selena got 3 trophies. I got 1 trophy and well...2 medals, because Mom didn't see me on the results thing they posted on my Slip Jig. But when I looked at the results online, I found out that I actually had placed!! Yay! Now I'm qualified for Oireachtas, so we don't have to worry about that. Now I just have to focus on getting into the next level, Preliminary Championship (by winning Reel and Slip Jig.)

This was only Izzy and Meema's second feis in a new level, it was really nice for them to get so many places!! Well, today, Novice, tomorrow, Open Championship!

Sese is 3/4 of the way to the PC--she just needs 1st place in Reel, and she has to get Miss Fauna's approval! Who will get there first, her or me?????? ;) :)

2 comments:

Feisworx said...

Wow! Its scary to think that Lizzie at any time can get into Prizewinner before me! Hope I get there first! I know how you feel! When I first started dancing I saw this girl in Novice and I competed against her in my Slip Jig and Treble Jig I almost fell in my Treble jig! It was funny because the judge that judged me almost the whole time everytime I ended she would say something in my Treble ji' Nice save!" and hornpipe "wonderful"! I really thought I was going to win it because everyone told me I would win it! I got a sticky 3rd place! Kind of close! Its better than nothing! I think it would be nice if both of you guys move up at the same time! Your both really good dancers! Keep on practicing!
P.S. Lizzie earned half of her solo dress one more 1st and she gets one!

Feisworx said...

I qualified but can't o sprained ankle!