Thursday, May 29, 2008

Trip to Grandma's

with Carina
with Elliot
"Black Beauty"
Dress-up
visiting the Bad Guy House



Hi all, we got back on Tues. from the graduation party trip down to Newburg (where my mom's parents live on the farm). Two of my cousins on my Mom's side were graduating from High School, Carina Schiltz and Elliot Evenson. (see pics) There was a really nice horse in the pasture by the house; he was black/white speckled. Hank & George--this was a real 'spot-donk'!! He was used to being with his friend, so he was very lonely and appreciated company. I called him "Black Beauty" since he looked like it (pretty much) and he had a white star on his forehead.
Also on the trip, we (of course) dressed up in Grandma's old clothes and things she made for my Mom & her sisters. Monday we went to the Bad Guy house with Grandma & Grandpa; it's just a little old shack but it got the name 'the bad guy house' because...
when Elliot and Carina were little they visited it. Elliot said that there was a bad guy in it to scare her, but then he said, "No, there's no bad guy." So she went up to it but just as she was about to go in he said, "There's the bad guy!"
(I know this since Grandma taped it with the video camera.)

Well, the Madison feis is in nine days. :) Yay!! I can't wait!! It'll be my 1st time performing in my solo dress. I'll force myself to post more often...

No comments: