Sunday, June 29, 2008

Twin Cities Felie




This feis was very competitive! there was no split groups and often you were against your own classmates. Selena got a lot of places (it's obvious.)! She got 1st in Slip Jig, 2nd in Light Jig, 2nd in Reel, 2nd in Hornpipe, and 4th in Treble Jig. I got 3rd in Slip Jig, so now I'm qualified for Oireachtas in 2 of my dances!! now I have to qualify in only two more.... Miranda got 2nd in Slip jig, Isabel got 2nd in Reel, 2nd in Light Jig, and 3rd in Slip Jig.
The musicians at my stage were very unexperienced. They must have just been session players, it was clear that they had never played at a feis before. they were not playing with a metronome and so some of the dances were very fast for girls who didn't have that speed. girls from our dance school were doing their hardshoe steps so fast it was almost impossible for them to do in with good form!
Selena did wear her new dress. it must have luck in it or something!;)
Over all it was a very fun feis (even though it included a lot of waiting around). It was fun hanging around with friends, and another fun thing was getting some clip on earrings to match my dress!

6 comments:

andalucy said...

Congratulations! I bet you won't have much trouble qualifying in those remaining two dances.

Feisworx said...

Good job! It will not be hard for you to qualify! Aine said I could go to Oireachtas I don't think I'll go this year I want to go next year! I'm not ready yet Aine always say go for it I'm too afraid!

Feisworx said...

Hi, I know this a little off subject but, the girl who owned Selenas old dress, does she have blonde hair? I was looking on your schools website. I'm sure I'm right!

Sonja said...

Sarah, Yes you are right! Her name was Elizabeth/went by Lizzie just like your sister. But she isn't dancing anymore. :(

Xinnia said...

All of you did great!

Auntie W said...

Wow! I am so impressed and proud of all of you for competing. By the way, what is the plural of "feis?" Feises? Feisii? What is the plural of Felie? Felies? Felieii?